Shipping and Receiving Clerk
A company in Hernando has an immediate opening for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk. This is a temp to hire opportunity that offers great benefits.
- Provide product and service information
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- May receive damaged or defective goods returned to establishment and be designated Returned-Goods Receiving Clerk.
- Pick and pack orders as necessary.
- Other order productions tasks maybe requested of this individual.
- Complies at all times with the Standards, policies and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the company Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be energetic.
- High school diploma
- Must be extremely dependable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Must be detailed and service oriented.
- Must have good Word and Excel skills and be very organized.
- Must have strong data entry skills.
Salary: $14/hr DOE, Great benefits offered.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Candidates with resumes that do not meet the exact requirements for this position will not be contacted.
To further explore this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com