A law firm in Downtown Memphis has an immediate opening for an experienced Legal Assistant/Receptionist.
- Under attorney supervision, create, edit, transcribe, revise, proofread and maintain a variety of litigation or transactional documents
- Maintain calendars and other time tables for matters to include scheduling/coordinating meetings and making travel arrangements for assigned lawyers
- Manage lawyers daily time entry
- Filing, faxing, sending documents via PDF, email, etc.
- Other duties as required
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to readily adjust to changes in firm software and technologies. Strong research and coordination skills required as well as excellent grammar and proofreading and attention to detail. Excellent communication skills required. Required to type 60wpm.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and high pressured environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a legal assistant in a law firm. Must be used to working in different departments.
- Paralegal certificate is required.
- Strong organizational skills. Strong written and oral communications skills and must be able to convey her or his ideas in a manner that is convincing to others.
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow the ability to work with a variety of attorneys and administrative staff.
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to partner effectively with other administrative areas in order to accomplish the firm’s goals.
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to meet the demands of the position; this includes working with attorneys and staff.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30-5:00
Salary: $36K-$45K depending on experience