A law firm has an immediate opening for an experienced Legal Assistant.
- Under attorney supervision, create, edit, transcribe, revise, proofread and maintain a variety of litigation and transactional documents
- Assimilating and organizing documents per attorney directions.
- Coordinating and organizing meetings for attorneys.
- Maintain calendars and other time tables for matters to include scheduling/coordinating meetings and lawyers required deadlines.
- Filing, faxing, sending documents via PDF, email, etc.
- Other duties as required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, and Outlook. Must be able to readily adjust to changes in firm software and technologies.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent grammar, proofreading skills, attention to detail.
- Type 60wpm.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and high pressured environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Experience with SoftPro Software preferred.
- Previous Residential Loan Closing Experience.
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to partner effectively with other administrative areas in order to accomplish the firm’s goals.
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to meet the demands of the position; this includes working with attorneys and staff.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00-5:00
Dependent upon experience and qualifications: $30K-$35K range