Director of Finance
Immediate opening for a Director of Finance for a company in Memphis.
- Must have transportation or trucking background.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills both written and verbal.
- Must be highly organized, with an attention to detail and be able to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.
- Strong decision-making skills, problem solving, relationship-building and networking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks timely and professionally.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
**Company offers great benefits package including 401k, health insurance, and paid vacation and holiday pay.”*
Salary: $80k-$100K DOE
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 - 5